Infragistics JQuery controls

WPF Succinctly source code for download

I've scrambled to recover the example source for WPF Succinctly from Syncfusion from a dying hard drive, but I've located most of the source code for your reference.  Simply click on the banner below to download.  Please let me know if there are any problems found.  Thanks for reading.

Comments (7) -

Richard Bassett
Richard Bassett
7/23/2013 4:40:49 PM #

Hi Buddy,
Thank you for publishing your book. You did a good job explaining the MVVM structure.  It appears there were some casualties from your dying hard drive. I was unable to compile the MVVM example due to a MIA ContactManagerViewModel.xaml file, which is called from App.xaml.
Thanks, Rick

Buddy James
Buddy James
7/24/2013 10:41:05 PM #

Rick,

Thank you for the heads up.

I will work to correct the issue and post and updated version of the source code.

Be sure to sign up to be notified of new posts, or  provide me with your email address and I'll let you know when this has been completed.

Thanks again and I'm glad enjoyed the book.

Buddy

Edmond de Savornin Lohman
Edmond de Savornin Lohman
7/29/2013 6:24:22 PM #

Dear Buddy

so many books around WPF - which one to choose ?

I bought a few - they offered me not exactly what I wanted most...

WHen I only started reading your approach - all new books became old one's.

How many hairs did you lose considering the publication of a commercial version of your book ? - I am glad I were not using your shoes.

You may find my interest in the bitmap handling - because I am making a JPG manager program.

I thank you for the nights you spent to get a book on the shell - and to give it away.

You must be the real Buddha.

Edmond

Buddy James
Buddy James
8/1/2013 1:32:15 AM #

Edmond,

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm glad you enjoyed the book!

I also like WPF unleashed.  It's a really nice WPF book.

You can't go wrong with the Succinctly series by Syncfusion.

Thanks again!

Buddy

Phil Delay
Phil Delay
8/7/2013 12:37:55 PM #

Thanks for the book.  So far only ankle deep into it, and hoping to be waist deep soon.  The ebook makes a reference to the code samples that can be downloaded (pg 11), and the link directs me to this page.  But, I am not able to find where to download the code.  I am not to proud to admit that I can easliy overlook things that are right in front of me, and if that is the case please forgive my "oversight".

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Buddy James
Buddy James
8/7/2013 8:38:50 PM #

Phil,

Thanks for reading WPF Succinctly.

You can find the source code for the e-book at the following link.

www.refactorthis.net/.../...20Example%20Source.zip

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy it!

Buddy

Phil Delay
Phil Delay
8/7/2013 12:40:01 PM #

Would you believe that I just notice the link on the right titled: Download OPML file.  Is this the file for the code related to your ebook?

Phil

Country flag

• Preview

About the author

My name is Buddy James.  I'm a Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer from the Nashville, TN area.  I'm a Software Engineer, an author, a blogger (http://www.refactorthis.net), a mentor, a thought leader, a technologist, a data scientist, and a husband.  I enjoy working with design patterns, data mining, c#, WPF, Silverlight, WinRT, XAML, ASP.NET, python, CouchDB, RavenDB, Hadoop, Android(MonoDroid), iOS (MonoTouch), and Machine Learning. I love technology and I love to develop software, collect data, analyze the data, and learn from the data.  When I'm not coding,  I'm determined to make a difference in the world by using data and machine learning techniques. (follow me at @budbjames).